Monday 21 March 2016

Tainted Lovers - Sarah Michelle Lynch

So I'm here again after reading one of Sarah's books. I'd been looking forward to reading this for a while but I've been on a re-reading mission to try and cut down costs before the Leeds Author Event.

Everything I have read, I have loved from Sarah, I'd go so far as to say this is the best yet!

This book was given to me by the author to review, blah blah blah (same spiel as always lol)

Tainted Lovers



The most beautiful anti-romance you might read all year . . . Adrienne and David meet in a library and the rest is history. 

Leaving their past lives behind, they race off to get married and make a promise of undying love. Waiting in the wings, however, are dark and deadly secrets threatening to tear them apart. 

Their passion has never been up for question – but is there a limit to what love can overcome? 

Moreover, what does the future hold for Adrienne after she has her heart crushed, her spirit broken and her resolve disintegrated? Are all great love stories destined to end badly . . . ?  


Books Links

US Link - Tainted Lovers
US Link - Tainted Lovers

Rachel's Review

What a fantastic book. Beautiful from start to finish. Heart wrenching in places but a truly satisfying read.


It took me a few days to consolidate my feelings about this book before I wrote the review. I really love how Sarah writes, untamed and free with expression. I chatted to her a little over the weekend about my feelings after reading this book, agreeing with her that a period of reflection was needed after reading such an unforgettable book.

I am know my my friends and colleagues as a little cold and independent but with my family and certainly my other half, I am warmer and more loving. I'm never one to accept help easily and I certainly identified with Adrienne (especially with her past relationship), which is possibly why this book has touched me in the way that it has. 

In summation, read the book, let it touch you as it has done me and let me know how you felt about it at the end.

Rachel's Rating

A heart felt and honest 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment