Tuesday 8 November 2016

Lies And Truth: Book 1 in the Truth Series - Elaine May

*~* I received a copy in return for a honest and unbiased review *~*

Lies And Truth: Book 1 in the Truth Series



When Isla Holmes life as a child is turned upside down and she is ripped away from her soul mate, she is forced to live a life with evil.

When Isla and her soul mate cross paths will they find a happy ever after or will evil intervene?

Books Links


UK Link - http://amzn.to/2eIHvPj
US Link - https://amzn.com/B00MG2QIS8

Michaela's Review


First off. I love discovering new authors and Elaine May is new to me and to be honest I'm a little unsure as to what I think upon finishing this book. I really struggled in the beginning and found that Even though this was written in 3rd party, the word Isla was used far too much for my liking I counted 10 times in just one page but the story line was intriguing and Had caught my interest so I pushed myself to carry on. I actually found I loved the story line it was gripping and intense. I found the writing style to be a little stiff and didn't seem to flow easily and I'm not a big fan of 3rd party writing. I do have to say I had a hard time connecting with Isla and I found some of her actions a little hard to understand. Example if you are held hostage and raped/sexual assaulted for 3 years, you are not going to sleep with someone after 2 weeks. Soul mate or not. I'm looking forward to reading the next instalment of this series and will follow the author throughout her progression as this story line was amazing and has a lot of potential.

Michaela's Rating


3 promising stars ***

No comments:

Post a Comment