Wednesday 21 October 2015

The Temptress - CJ Fallowfield

Afternoon lovelies! How gorgeous is the cover of this book! I love it! Another one of the Leeds Author Event authors.if you haven't yet got tickets to this event or you just want to find out more information please just search #LeedsAuthorEvent2016 anywhere or click here!

I really can't express how important these events have been to expanding my ever growing list of amazing authors.

Just to let you know, as I always do!, that this book was sent to me by the author for my honest review and review it honestly I will!

The Temptress

The Temptress ~ There’s just something about a French accent, something that conjures images of romance, sex and passion. There’s a reason French is called ‘the language of love.’ ~ Lulu McQueen runs an exclusive honeytrap agency, to test the fidelity of rich men for their suspicious partners. While her business flourishes and her track record in the field remains unbroken, earning her the nickname of The Temptress, her personal life isn’t so successful. A trip to Paris, years ago, led to the most erotic encounter of her life with Luc, a charismatic, dominant, irresistible Frenchman. For one night she experienced bliss on a scale she’d never encountered and fled in the morning, ashamed of herself, but her Parisian one night stand was burned into her memories and no one since had compared. With no one available on short notice, Lulu steps in to lure Mrs. Le Grand’s rich husband, for an extortionately high fee. Lulu’s in for the shock of her life when she finds her mark at the hotel bar. Luc Le Grand still has a face and body to make Adonis weep. He exudes confidence, masculinity and raw sex appeal. The question now isn’t whether Lulu can tempt him, but whether she can resist him, retain her reputation and secure her fee, or whether she’ll fall under Mr. Le Grand’s spell. Again.

Book Links

UK Link - The Temptress
US Link - The Temptress

Rachel's Review

So lets get down to the nitty gritty.....

After I read this book I turned to to read the synopsis. I really don't think the synopsis does the book justice. Its should say: arrrrrrrghhhhh for the love of god read this awesome book! Its hot, its romantic and its bloody brilliant! The characters are real and the female is not a damsel in distress or a virgin or a wimp. It made for a stonkingly good read.

I love a good British romance and the addition of a sex god of French man. The writing has a Shakespearian-esque style to it within the romantic speeches and yes, once, it made me cry happy tears. The blinking elephant house. I had flashback to the Railway Children at that point.

This story proves its doesn't matter how hard you are on the outside we all just need love.

Please. For the love of god read this book and give it a chance. At only 30% in I'd got others to buy it in the office as I'd waxed lyrical about it so much.

Rachel's Rating


An unforgettable 5 stars *****

No comments:

Post a Comment