Wednesday 18 March 2015

Hush Hush - Annelise Vandell #1

Good afternoon folks. After attending an author event in Peterborough, UK this weekend and connecting with authors and other bloggers, I've realised I really need to set aside extra time on my blog.

It's already had a redesign recently and an extra page added so I need to find extra time in my hectic life to post more reviews.

Anyway.... Next book up is Hush Hush by Anneliese Vandell. Another author requested read for an honest review.

Hush Hush

 Synopsis

Something terrible happened to April Morrison when she was eleven years old. When she returns home to New Orleans fourteen years later as “Sophia,” she has only one word on her mind: revenge. She’s got her eye on Charles and Barbara Hawthorne, the crowning jewel of New Orleans’ elite and the ones responsible for turning her life upside down.

Enter Liam Hawthorne, the couple’s successful, strikingly handsome, and irresistibly dominant thirty-two year old son. When Liam makes a provocative proposal, it occurs to April that he may be just the “in” she needs. But what she doesn't bargain for is Liam's insatiable—and thrilling—sexual appetite. And as Liam begins to test April’s limits, she realizes that appearances are not what they seem.

Book Links

UK Link Hush Hush #1
US Link Hush Hush #1

Rachel's Review

This is such a hard review to write. I both liked the book and felt annoyed at the same time.

I loved the premise of the book. I always love a good revenge storyline, I was well thought out and I will read the next one when its out. The storyline did grab me and now I NEED to know what happens.

I felt annoyed at the length on the book, I felt it was too short, but i think this is mainly because I wanted to know what happens. I also didn't like the main female character. I don't know why she grates on me, maybe she's too naive and immature for my liking.

Don't get me wrong this is a good book and I'd recommend it, it just niggled at me a little.

Rachel's Rating

3-3.5 stars ***

No comments:

Post a Comment