Monday 3 October 2016

The Protector - Jodi Ellen Malpas

Rachel - I have been looking forward to reading this so much! I've had it on pre-order from the day the links went live. Its just my review currently but im sure Michaela's will be added as soon as shes read it.


The Protector


People think they have Camille Logan nailed: daddy's girl, beautiful, spoiled young woman with her father's bank balance to fund her lifestyle. But Camille is determined to have a life free from his strings. Now, after fighting so hard to be independent and happy, she finds her life threatened as a result of her father's ruthless business dealings. Caught between resentment and fear, Camille prepares herself for the measures her father will take to protect her. But nothing could prepare her for the ex-SAS sniper who crashes into her life.
Jake Sharp resides in his own personal hell. He was distracted from duty once before, and the consequences were devastating - both personally and professionally. Accepting the job of bodyguard to Camille Logan isn't the kind of distraction from his demons he should take. Women and Jake don't mix well, yet protecting the heiress seems the lesser of two evils. But Jake soon discovers that she isn't the woman she's perceived to be. She's warm, compassionate, her presence settling, and his duty to protect her soon goes deeper than a well-paid job, no matter how hard he fights it. He needs absolution. He comes to need Camille. But he knows he can't have both.


Book Links


UK Link: http://amzn.to/2dmtoOp
US Link: https://amzn.com/B01B69SK1O


Rachel's Review


Overall I felt really disappointed by this book. I felt the characters lacked depth and I failed to form any connection with them whilst reading the book. I felt the relationship was very rushed and the sex scenes very poorly written.

This story line was a mixture of a build up then nothing. The ending left utterly dissatisfied and mildly annoyed. I found it hard to keep going and actually finish the book. I do not like DNFs and I will always strive to finish a book once started. This book tested this theory.

I will always read Jodi's books. Always. I love her. I just didn't like this book.


Rachel's Rating


3 Stars. *** (just)


Michaela's Review


I am a massive fan of Jodi. Loved her work and writing style ever since the start. I have been eagerly awaiting this!

BUT I didn't feel it with this book. I nearly gave up twice. And I felt very disappointed with the ending. Loved the story line, loved the characters but I couldn't really feel the chemistry between them. And it all happened so fast. The relationship developed too fast. At times the book felt rushed. 


Michalea's Rating


2.5 Stars **

No comments:

Post a Comment